Beauty is what Health and Happiness looks like on the outside "—from a 1916 issue of Good Housekeeping
We all need “tips” and reminders to stay feeling good and looking good. Enjoy these tried and true ones to a prettier and healthier you!
- Use sunscreen with a minimum of 15 SPF or higher—no matter what your skin color is, everyday, winter and summer ,no matter where you live.
- Take care of your chest and to renew it—gently exfoliate regularly with a face scrub.
- Queen Latifah’s grandmother’s beauty secret for an exfoliant is mixing water and baking soda. Use gently.
- For those low digit winter days wear a super rich moisturizer.
- Keep a steady date of close friends regularly meeting—lowers blood pressure, delays memory loss, reduces risk of infection such as the common cold.
- Drink your morning “joe”—3 cups a day for cancer prevention and to enhance memory.
- Eat your romaine, spinach, kale, and Swiss chard—helps protect your eyes from UV damage.
- Use lemon juice as a slough for hands and age spots.
- Your hair becomes drier as we age. Take care of it with frequent trims and conditioning on a regular basis.
- Curl your lashes!
- After washing your face—gently pat dry especially around the delicate area of the eyes. Rubbing stretches it.
- Always try to maintain healthy eating habits including whole grains and fruits and veggies. (Your skin will thank you!)
- Live, love, and “laugh”—increases blood flow by 22 percent which is good for your heart.
Most of these wonderful tips are from Good Housekeeping—celebrating 100 years in print!
Buona giornata, and God bless the United States of America!
--Mary N. DiZazzo-Trumbull
Read prior weeks' "All That Zazz" columns at www.mary4nails.com. Mary is a third-generation cosmetologist and a Massachusetts distributor of Kosmea brand rose hip oil products. She may be contacted at (978) 470-8183 or email@example.com.